Sunday, March 20, 2011

Psalm 77






Psalm 77

For the Chief Musician; after the manner of Jeduthan. A Psalm of Asaph.

77:1 I will cry unto God with my voice,
Even unto God with my voice; and he will give ear unto me.
77:2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord:
My hand was stretched out in the night, and slacked not;
My soul refused to be comforted.
77:3 I remember God, and am disquieted:
I complain, and my spirit is overwhelmed.

Selah
77:4 Thou holdest mine eyes watching:
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
77:5 I have considered the days of old,
The years of ancient times.
77:6 I call to remembrance my song in the night:
I commune with mine own heart;
And my spirit maketh diligent search.
77:7 Will the Lord cast off for ever?
And will he be favorable no more?
77:8 Is his lovingkindness clean gone for ever?
Doth his promise fail for evermore?
77:9 Hath God forgotten to be gracious?
Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?

Selah
77:10 And I said, This is my infirmity;
But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High.
77:11 I will make mention of the deeds of Jehovah;
For I will remember thy wonders of old.
77:12 I will meditate also upon all thy work,
And muse on thy doings.
77:13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary:
Who is a great god like unto God?
77:14 Thou art the God that doest wonders:
Thou hast made known thy strength among the peoples.
77:15 Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people,
The sons of Jacob and Joseph.

Selah
77:16 The waters saw thee, O God;
The waters saw thee, they were afraid:
The depths also trembled.
77:17 The clouds poured out water;
The skies sent out a sound:
Thine arrows also went abroad.
77:18 The voice of thy thunder was in the whirlwind;
The lightnings lightened the world:
The earth trembled and shook.
77:19 Thy way was in the sea,
And thy paths in the great waters,
And thy footsteps were not known.
77:20 Thou leddest thy people like a flock,
By the hand of Moses and Aaron.

No comments: